Don't you have to build it all up in a CHAR field and execute it via
QCMDEXC?

Something like this:

Chgvar &Cmd ('SAVLIB LIB(' *Cat &Libs *Tcat ')')

Call Qcmdexc Parm(&Cmd &CmdLen)

Mark

      To:   midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
      cc:
      bcc:
      Subject:    Building SAVLIB lib parm
Dave <dschopp@xxxxxxx>
02/15/2003 12:26 AM GMT
Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion           <font
size=-1></font>

Okay, it's after 5 on a Friday afternoon.  That's my excuse and I'm
sticking to it.

I've gotten a brain cramp, forgetting how to format a parm for the SAVLIB
command.  I'm prompting the user for their choices, concatenating library
groups into a 512-byte char field, then using that as the LIB parm in
SAVLIB (as shown below)

SAVLIB    LIB(&LibList)

But it's not working.  As you all probably know.  I'm pretty sure this parm
has to have the 1st two bytes as a binary value?  Then length of the parm?
or number of library entries?  Something like that?

And do I have to space each lib to pad for shorter library names?  In other
words, can &LibList be
"QS36F  LIBRARY1  LIB2"  or does it have to be
"QS36F     LIBRARY1  LIB2      " ?

(Crosspost warning - also sent to comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc)
--
David Schopp
WISDM Team Leader