Yes, Lansa can be deployed without one extra stitch of code, but not only is
it "not fancy", it's terrible.

I've worked with Lansa Services on web projects, and I've had training from
the best Lansa people, and there is just no one doing Lansa for the Web
without HTML and Javascript.

I have heard some rumors of major announcements coming for Lansa for the
Web, so it may change soon.

As far as all compiles going to C++, the way I understand it is they are
redoing the repository from the ground up.  It will be called I believe
Visual Lansa Repository.

Supposedly, you will be able to run Visual Lansa components (which are gen'd
into C++)  in batch on the Iseries.  You will be able to have Event
routines, methods, properties, etc., running on the Iseries.

I went to nearly every session at the last Lansa UC on the new repository,
and I still don't completely understand it.  Something major is coming.

I don't want to seem to be the "con" to your pro Lansa argument, because I
use it everyday and I make a living using it.  I'm just not that happy with
Lansa for the Web in it's current state.

Visual Lansa rocks, though.

Art Tostaine, Jr.
CCA, Inc.
Jackson, NJ 08527