From: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Date: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 19:48:45
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: DDS CHECKING...IS this possible?

I know I can place restraints on fields in my database...

But can I create a field called status and in that field place a value of
'1' in it... '1' signifing your next to be processed... but, I don't want
more than one row to have the value of '1' at one time... all the other
rows must be blank or have a '2' in it... but only one row may have a '1'
in it at any given time...

I was thinking about a trigger, looking at a logical selecting '1' and
seeing if there was more than one active record, and failing the write...
but I don't even know if that would work, or if it's the best way...

thanks, tim