I forgot to mention:

No partitions, just a small system .... only V4R4  and one ASP ...

I read this one, too, thanks, in addition to the things mentioned in that
APAR, we didn't change anything on the machine's HW since years,
except: there has been a problem with the battery-pack on the 2748-RAID
controller recently, I exhanged it with a new one, and the machine went on.
This was approximately 4 weeks ago.

I will give that MF23787 a try .

Still searching for a solution ... , Philipp "cuba libre" Rusch