From: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Date: Friday, February 07, 2003 11:07:49
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Improved Search improved

IBM's support site <www.iseries.ibm.com/support> has been improved. As I
understand it, upwards of 75 IBM sites are searched. You get there from the
top of the above page, where it says "iSeries Support (Public)". It now
includes Information Center and something they call "More Technical
Resources". And if you pick the "Select iSeries Search Options" and press
enter, you get the page where you can select which areas you want searched.

Check it out - I haven't compared its returns for InfoCenter with those if
InfoCenter itself, might be interesting.

I did try a search on "odbc driver" and got a bunch of references to the
Linux driver. I've already responded that I thought it odd for these to
come first - most of us don't use this item. All the headings were the
same, but content was different - no real duplicates. But the relative
wight of things may depend on the source, and that' varies wildly around
IBM, as I understand.

Anyway, check it out - this is the result of a very responsive party at
IBM. I've not checked if he is OK with all of us sending him email - I'll
check and let you know.

Vern Hamberg