In response to some of our questions, complaints, the search engine on IBM's support site <www.iseries.ibm.com/support> has been improved. As I understand it, upwards of 75 IBM sites are searched. You get there from the top of the above page, where it says "iSeries Support (Public)". It now includes Information Center and something they call "More Technical Resources". And if you pick the "Select iSeries Search Options" and press enter, you get the page where you can select which areas you want searched.

Check it out - I haven't compared its returns for InfoCenter with those if InfoCenter itself, might be interesting.

I did try a search on "odbc driver" and got a bunch of references to the Linux driver. I've already responded that I thought it odd for these to come first - most of us don't use this item. All the headings were the same, but content was different - no real duplicates. But the relative wight of things may depend on the source, and that' varies wildly around IBM, as I understand.

Anyway, check it out - this is the result of a very responsive party at IBM. I've not checked if he is OK with all of us sending him email - I'll check and let you know.

Vern Hamberg

Would you like to see a challenging little arithmetic puzzle
that might get you or your kids or grandkids more interested
in math? Go to <http://cgi.wff-n-proof.com/MSQ-Ind/I-1E.htm>

Sillygism--

Something is better than nothing.
Nothing is better than a ham sandwich.
Ergo
Something is better than a ham sandwich.