Any samples of that later option?  I like the halt method but I haven't
figured out how to submit that.

Benjamin Franklin

"Fritz Hayes" <fhayes@spiritone.com>
Sent by: midrange-l-bounces@midrange.com
02/05/2003 09:49 PM
Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion

        To:     "'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'"
<midrange-l@midrange.com>
        cc:
        Fax to:
        Subject:        RE: Starting/stopping Tivoli Storage Manager for
OS/400 PASE - 5.1

With the PASE TSM, you could run a PASE script to identify the TSM server
process (PS command, output to file, then GREP the file) and then kill the
puppy (KILL command).  I believe this script can be called by a CL
command.

Or, you could use a TSM script to cancel all sessions, cancel all
processes
and then HALT the server.  This TSM script could be run using the TSM
scheduler to end the server whenever you want.

The later option provides for a cleaner shutdown.

Fritz Hayes
<snip>