Rob,

Glad to help.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@midrange.com
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@midrange.com] On Behalf Of rob@dekko.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 7:00 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: ftp to an initial ifs directory

Gary,

Your suggestion shows a lot of promise.  I'll look into that.  When I
went
to the website:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/info/rzaiq/rzaiql0200.
htm
I saw that I can control the namefmt with the "application specific
data".

Format of application-specific information parameter
When the application identifier indicates the FTP server program, the
application-specific information parameter has these fields:

Offset Dec  Offset Hex  Type          Field
 0           0          BINARY(4)  Initial name format
 4           4          BINARY(4)  Initial current working directory
 8           8          BINARY(4)  Initial file listing format
12           C          BINARY(4)  Control connection security mechanism

16          10          BINARY(4)  Data connection encryption option
20          14          BINARY(2)  Control connection ciphersuite
22          16          BINARY(2)  Data connection cyphersuite

Field Descriptions

Initial name format
Identifies the initial setting of the file name format for this session.

When the exit program is called, the value of this field is set to
correspond to the FTP server configuration file value specified by the
NAMEFMT parameter. Valid values are:

0
Use the LIBRARY/FILE.MEMBER name format. This setting corresponds to the

NAMEFMT(*LIB) option of the CHGFTPA command and is equivalent to
specifying the SITE NAMEFMT 0 subcommand to the FTP server.

1
Use the path name format. This setting corresponds to the NAMEFMT(*PATH)

option of the CHGFTPA command and is equivalent to specifying the SITE
NAMEFMT 1 subcommand to the FTP server.
Initial current working directory
Identifies the initial setting of the FTP server current working
directory, which is the default directory that is used for file and list

operations. When the exit program is called, the value of this field is
set to correspond to the FTP server configuration values specified by
the
CURDIR. Valid values are:

0
Use the current library as the initial FTP server current working
directory. This setting corresponds to the CURDIR(*CURLIB) option of the

CHGFTPA command.

1
Use the home directory as the initial FTP server current working
directory. This setting corresponds to the CURDIR(*HOMEDIR) option of
the
CHGFTPA command.

Note: If you set this field to 1, you must also set the initial name
format field to 1.

Initial file list format
Identifies the initial setting of the file list format for this session.

When the exit program is called, the value of this field is set to
correspond to the FTP server configuration value that you specify with
the
LISTFMT parameter. Valid values are:

0
Use iSeries server file list format. This setting corresponds to the
LISTFMT(*DFT) option of the CHGFTPA command and is equivalent to
specifying the SITE LISTFMT 0 subcommand to the FTP Server.

1
Use the UNIX file list format. This setting corresponds to the
LISTFMT(*UNIX) option of the CHGFTPA command and is equivalent to
specifying the SITE LISTFMT 1 subcommand to the FTP server.

Benjamin Franklin

"Gary Monnier" <gary.monnier@powertechgroup.com>
Sent by: midrange-l-bounces@midrange.com
02/04/2003 07:18 PM
Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion