Douglas,

Do what you said will take way to long.  Here are the steps I would take;
1. Stop mirroring on all drives.  This will double your capacity.
2. Remove the 3rd and 4th drives from the ASP.
3. Physically move the 3rd and 4th drives to the 7117 and all the new
drives.
4. Build a raid set on the 6102 including all the drives.
5. Add the newly configured drives / raid set to the ASP.
6. Start mirroring back up on the 1st and 2nd drives.
7. The system is now available for use and you can start your ASP balancing
in the background.

Douglas is correct in stating that the MFIOP on a model 400 cannot be
RAIDED.  I would/do mirror the load source and raid the 6502.  Raid striping
is either 4 or 8 drives so you will see 4 drives with less capacity and the
2 remaining drives at full capacity.

Trying to add drives to an existing raid set that is part of the ASP can
take 24+ hours on a model 400.  Yet it is only minutes to build a raid set
on drives that are not in an ASP.  If you ever add drives to the raid set,
it is best to stop the raid set, add the drives, then rebuild the raid set.

Christopher K. Bipes      mailto:Chris.Bipes@Cross-Check.com
Operations & Network Mgr  mailto:Chris_Bipes@Yahoo.com
CrossCheck, Inc.          http://www.cross-check.com
6119 State Farm Drive     Phone: 707 586-0551 x 1102
Rohnert Park CA  94928    Fax: 707 586-1884