If you are on support, I have found IBM's printing group to be superb on
matters such as this.

-----Original Message-----
From: Forwiw@aol.com [mailto:Forwiw@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 3:45 AM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: IBM Client Access Express & Printing

Hello All,

Would appreciate your help, cause I've been trying and trying...

AS/400 V4R4
Client Access Express 4.3 with latest PTF
PC operating system Windows 2000 Professional
PC printer Canon BJC-240 (yes I know it's old)

How can I get an AS/400 spool file to print to my pc's attached printer (in
landscape) using a PDT for my Canon
printer to get the print darker?  (like bold).

I've created a display and printer session.

I can print landscape without selecting a PDT, but the
printout is small and not very dark.
I can print portrait with selecting a canon PDT, the
printout is larger and darker, but the printout is
missing info on the right hand side. (gets chopped off).
I can print portrait without selecting a canon PDT, but
the print gets wrapped. (doesn't look very good).

What I would like to do is copy the PDF canon file,
edit it so that all printouts are bold, and switch to
landscape mode.  Convert PDF to PDT and select that
for my Canon printer.

I can open the canon PDF file, but don't know where to
make the change.  I see macro section, parameter section,
and so on.

I thought if I could modify the copy of the original canon
PDF, I could achieve the desired results.  Landscape and
bold.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, cause I'm at my
witts end...

Thanks,
Sandy