Oliver, generally speaking, don't put everything into *BASE. What kinds of jobs are running in each pool? You can see this in WRKACTJOB SEQ(*POOL) and press F11 to see where things reside.

Basic stuff -

1. Keep similar work in a pool, separate from stuff that works differently. Jobs that read the same data in a sequential manner could well be separated from jobs that read by key.

2. Change to shared pools and turn on Expert Cache (paging option = *CALC). Longer-running sequential data access can scream this way. But not if mixed with random, keyed access over the same period. BTW, you CAN change private pools to *CALC using the change pool tuning API.

3. Just as multiple subsystems can have jobs in *BASE, multiple subsystems can run in one shared pool. Depends on your routing entries and your subsystem pool definitions.

There's usually a reason for this kind of division - try to find out why it was done.

Besides, if it's not broke, don't try to fix it. ;-)

HTH

Vern