The ODBC jobs are running under the QSERVER subsystem, job name QZDASOINIT.

By default, these jobs run with priority 20, thereby effectively killing
your system. The way I've dealt with this in the past is to create a create
a class that is the duplicate of QPWFSERVER, and then change the priority
to something less (higher number) than 20. I then forced the routing entry
for the QSERVER subsystem program QZDAINIT to use this class.

At one place, I set the priority to 55. :-))
The users complained so much that I had to set it back to 25-30. The PC
program queries kept impacting performance so badly that the customer
finally upgraded his processor just to run this stuff.

One of the last things I did for them was to re-work the whole process so
that they were accessing data from a big flat file (refreshed with
triggers)rather than doing the monstrous selects, joins and where clauses
that were making the lights dim.
Guess what? Performance got much better....