> From: Joe Pluta
>
> The cume has a problem; MF27247 is superseded by MF28114, and so cannot
> load.  However, MF28114 is not on my machine, so I don't know
> what to do.  I just IPLed and left it at that for now.

This is indeed a problem, everyone.  I get:

CPD35D2
Message: Licensed Internal Code fix MF27247 is superseded.
Cause: Licensed Internal Code fix MF27247 could not be applied because
superseding Licensed Internal Code fix MF28144 is already installed.

When I try to display MF28144, I get:

CPF6602
PTF 5722999-MF28144 *ALL not found.

So, MF27427 thinks MF28144 is loaded even when it is not.  Any suggestions?

Joe

P.S. Rooting atround the bowels of the archives found an old note that Neil
Palmer had from back in the mid-90's about this whole PTF database thing.
It seems it (the database) can indeed get out of sync, and if a PTF gets
mistakenly flagged as superseded, there's no way to unflag it.  A suggestion
was to remove the PTF database (files QAPZPTF* in QUSRSYS) and re-IPL.  I am
giving that a shot as I type this.  The worse that could happen is I need to
do a scratch install, which is basically where I was this morning anyway
<smile>.

"The nice thing about hitting your bottom is that there's nowhere to go but
up."