Folks -This is driving me nuts!  I have been playing around with the CPYTOIMPF
command, trying to familiarize myself with its use.

My AS/400 system is a 170, V5R1M0, TL02134.  The CCSID of the system (QCCSID)
is 37.  The CCSID of the CUSMST file is 37.  The CCSID of all character fields
within CUSMST is 37.

I have been trying to use the CPYTOIMPF command to copy the CUSMST file
directly to a folder on my W2K server, like this:

CPYTOIMPF FROMFILE(SJL001/CUSMST)
TOSTMF('/QNTC/w2kserver/w2ksvr/Downloads/BUBBA/CUSMST') STMFCODPAG(*PCASCII)
RCDDLM(*CRLF)

This fails....

Here are the mesages in the job log:

Ownership of object QCPEXTEMPS in QTEMP type *USRSPC changed.
File QACP007985 created in library QTEMP.
Member QACP007985 added to file QACP007985 in QTEMP.
Ownership of object QACP007985 in QTEMP type *USRSPC changed.
Ownership of object QACEXFLD12 in QTEMP type *USRSPC changed.
CCSID conversion could not be performed.
No records copied from file CUSMST in SJL001.
Object QACP007985 in QTEMP type *FILE deleted.
Copy command ended because of error.

If I do this:

CPYTOIMPF FROMFILE(SJL001/CUSMST) TOSTMF('/SERVERS/CUSMST') MBROPT(*REPLACE)
RCDDLM(*CRLF)

(where /SERVERS is a folder in the IFS)

Then do this:

CPY OBJ('/SERVERS/CUSMST') TODIR('/QNTC/w2kserver/w2ksvr/Downloads/BUBBA')
FROMCCSID(1252)
TOCCSID(*CALC) REPLACE(*YES)

It copies the file to the target directory, but when I view it (at least from
the AS/400 by browsing it thru the IFS) it looks like garbage...

What am I doing wrong?  Can I _not_ copy the file directly from the AS/400 to
the Windows folder?

I have spent way too much time trying to figure this out...and I have searched
both on Google and in Midrange-L, but haven't found any solutions...

Steve Landess
Austin, Texas
(512) 423-0935