Just to increase FUD, but don't you need a certain ptf at V4R5 to allow
the option to load a ptf from an image catalog?  Or was there another way
to load these ftp'ed ptf's?

Here's the instructions I used for internal documentation, (do you have
these commands?):

Beginning with V5R2 of the operating system you can load and apply ptf's
from an image catalog.  You may wish to do this for PTFs which are too big
to download via traditional ways.  Or as a method to distribute a group of
ptf's.

Sample I did with one on GDISYS.
CRTDEVOPT DEVD(OPTVRT01) RSRCNAME(*VRT) ONLINE(*YES) TEXT('Virtual optical
drive for image catalog')
VRYCFG CFGOBJ(OPTVRT01) CFGTYPE(*DEV) STATUS(*ON)
CRTIMGCLG IMGCLG(PTFCATALOG) DIR('/ptf') CRTDIR(*YES) TEXT('PTF image
catalog')
Then I used iSeries Navigator to create a share to this directory.
Then I mapped a drive to this share from my PC.
Then I ordered this ptf from IBM using the web site to order ptf's over
the internet.  It said it was too big and sent me an email with some
instructions and a link to ftp some files down.  I put them into this
directory.
ADDIMGCLGE IMGCLG(PTFCATALOG) FROMFILE('/ptf/iptf0029_1.bin')
LODIMGCLG IMGCLG(ptfcatalog) DEV(OPTVRT01) OPTION(*LOAD)
  I could have used:
  WRKIMGCLGE IMGCLG(PTFCATALOG)
  1=Add
  8=Load
VFYIMGCLG IMGCLG(ptfcatalog) TYPE(*PTF) SORT(*YES)
GO PTF
8. Install program temporary fix package
Device  . . . . . . . . .   OPTVRT01
Automatic IPL . . . . . .   N
CPYPTFCVR DEV(OPTVRT01) LICPGM(5722XE1) SELECT(SI05853 SI05854)
DSPPTF LICPGM(5722XE1) SELECT(SI05853)
DSPPTF LICPGM(5722XE1) SELECT(SI05854)
APYPTF LICPGM(5722XE1) SELECT(SI05853 SI05854)

Benjamin Franklin

"Joe Pluta" <joepluta@PlutaBrothers.com>
Sent by: midrange-l-bounces@midrange.com
01/23/2003 11:15 AM
Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion