> From: rob@dekko.com
>
> I feel your pain on why they updated the group's after the cutoff date,
> yet still won't let you order them.
>
> As far as their cutoff date, I can respect that.  After all, didn't they
> give over a years notice?

I'm not really complaining, just making an observation.  My biggest worry
here is that IBM has embarked on two trends that together make life a lot
harder for me: shorter version lifespans and less backwards compatibility.
For example, I CANNOT move to V5R2 until I have a replacement for WAS35SE.
And the replacement, WAS5Express, isn't even out of Beta yet.

So while I understand that I got a year's notice, that doesn't mean IBM
didn't still make my life more difficult.  And for the life of me, I can
only perceive that they did it for monetary reasons - that's the only reason
I can see to kill the standard edition of WebSphere.

In any event, I'll live with it.  But at the same time, I'm assuming that
these things are not required for the upgrade.  Because if you can't upgrade
without getting these pieces, and you can't get the pieces required for
upgrade, then you're in a hell of a fix.

Joe