it looks like a known problem, have a look at this APAR

http://www-912.ibm.com/n_dir/nas4apar.nsf/c79815e083182fec862564c00079d117/5ac9a8faad5f380486256c22003d4f7b?OpenDocument&Highlight=2,QCAWAREA

-------------------------
 Bryan Dietz
3X Corporation
614-410-9205

             "McCallion,
             Martin"
             <martin.mccallion                                          To
             @misys.com>               "'midrange-l@midrange.com'"
             Sent by:                  <midrange-l@midrange.com>
             midrange-l-bounce                                          cc
             s@midrange.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       RTVDTAARA in a prompt-override
             01/22/2003 07:04          program gets MCH6801 at V5R2
             AM

             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion
             <midrange-l@midra
                 nge.com>

The subject says it all, really.  We just upgraded to V5R2 at the
weekend, and we find this problem.  The entire text of the message is
reproduced at the bottom of this message.  This entry in Google's cache:
http://216.239.51.100/search?q=cache:W-jtv_5AHgMC:www.csdevelopment.cz/d
omino/hermes.nsf/572a10f79fec4d77c1256a5b00373287/285d70f9baef8a8fc1256c
54007e9b79!OpenDocument%26ExpandSection%3D1+MCH6801+QCAWAREA&hl=en&ie=UT
F-8 shows us that the Domino developers had the same problem, and coded
around it (instead of taking it to Rochester, which seems a bit stupid,
but there may well be internal politics at work).

The strange thing is that this only happens when the program in question
runs as a prompt-override program.  If you call the program from the
command line it runs fine.  Also, it's only RTVDTAARA: we have another
POP that gets its values from a file, and that works fine.  Note also
that the state and domain of all the objects in question appear to be
correct.  We are running at security level 40.

We have coded round it by writing an RPG procedure to get the data
area's content, but it's annoying.  Has anyone else seen this?

Entire text of message:

Message ID . . . . . . :   MCH6801       Severity . . . . . . . :   40

Message type . . . . . :   Escape

Date sent  . . . . . . :   22/01/03      Time sent  . . . . . . :
11:42:33

Message . . . . :   Object domain or hardware storage protection
violation.
Cause . . . . . :   An attempt was made to use a blocked instruction or
  access a protected object.  The object that was accessed is QCAWAREA.
The
  space class is X'00'.  The space class designates the type of space as

  follows:

    00-primary associated space (includes space objects)

    01-secondary associated space

    02-implicit process space for automatic storage

    03-implicit process space for static storage

    04-implicit process space for activation group-based heap storage

    05-constant space

    06-space for handle-based heap storage

    07-teraspace

    If the space class is teraspace, X'AF000000000000000000000000000000'
is
   the teraspace pointer and X'0000000000000000' is the teraspace
offset.
    A protected object is one that is in the system domain or which has

   storage protection attributes that restrict its use. In most cases,
this
   exception is signalled only at system security levels 40 and above.

   However, it is signalled at all security levels for some objects when
their
   storage protection attributes are incompatible with the attempted
use. The
   system objects that are always protected with the storage protection

   mechanism are:

     programs (object type hex 02), except for any associated space(s)

     modules (object type hex 03), except for any associated space(s)

     SOM objects (object type hex 20)

     any objects with type value greater than hex 20.

     The violation type is 4.  The possible violation types are:

     1 - Object domain violation

     2 - Test Pointer Target Addressability (TESTPTA) violation

     3 - Read protection violation

     4 - Write protection violation

End of message.

Cheers,

Martin.

--
Martin McCallion
Senior Technical Consultant
Work:  martin.mccallion@misys.com
Home: martin.mccallion@ukonline.co.uk
Misys International Banking Systems
1 St George's Road, London, SW19 4DR, UK
T +44 (0)20 8486 1951
F +44 (0) 20 8947 3373
www.misys.com
This email message is intended for the named recipient only. It may be
privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the  intended named
recipient of this email then you should not  copy it or use it for any
purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other person. You should
contact Misys International Banking Systems as shown below so that we
can take appropriate action at no cost to yourself.
Misys International Banking Systems Ltd,1 St
George's Road, London, SW19 4DR, UK. Email: ibs.postmaster@misys.com.
Tel: +44 (0) 20 8879 1188 Fax: +44 (0) 20 8947 3373
Misys International Banking Systems Ltd is
registered in England and Wales under company no. 971479