Run your SQL statement from Ops Nav or MS SQL.  It then runs as
Client/Server.  I am moving away from STRSQL to PC based packages.  In Ops
Nav highlight databases,  The lower plane shows "Run an SQL Script".

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis Munro [mailto:DMunro@badgerminingcorp.com]

V5R1M0 fairly current on all group/cum ptf's

The PO processing in BPCS must have gone haywire one day because I had 2,
085,055 notes written for one given PO - possibly a P/C locked up but who
will remember what happened 10+ months ago.

When I go to delete them using SQL, I aborted the job after 35 minutes
because I just had no clue how long it would take plus I had to get home.
Looking at it today, I did get about 1,350,000 records deleted in that time
frame.  This was run on our test box which is a 720 & I was the only person
signed on at the time

 My production machine is an 820 with 35(???) interactive and I guess I am
making the assumption that STRSQL is a green screen/interactive job & what
would be a way to better delete this number of records?  The real problem is
the above scenario happened three times so I have 6,444,070 ESN records to
be deleted.  I would get killed if I ran that during the day with that kind
of performance hit.

Below is the SQL statement used & I am wondering is there something that
would "speed" up the process.  .