And, as you like CODE, IIRC, you can see all the members from multiple source files in one list in CPO (Project Organizer). I've liked that I can sort on any column in the member list, so that related source members are grouped - whether they have the same name or the same first few characters or whatever. So your earlier comment about it being hard to switch between files is managed nicely with CODE.

Change management systems help, as well, since they tend to group objects under a project or product, and the source member hooks are hidden.

I have a preference (not law <g>) for using separate source files. As Griz, it may be what I'm used to. I find it confusing when there is a command called BUILD that uses a program called BUILD. They need distinct names in the source file when they are both in the same one, so the source for the command is BUILDCMD. How was I to know to compile it as CRTCMD LIB/BUILD SRCMBR(BUILDCMD)?

But this speaks more to a lack of standards, than to what to do about one or many files. It seems to me there are at least 2 choices:

1. A single source file with some way to distinguish source (object) type
2. Separate source files, with your choice of distinct names for each part, or the same name for, say, the command and its CPP (but what about a VCP, he says? - exactly)

I also like using distinct files, because of the defaults on the create commands. Again, personal preference. Folks from a Unix or other C/C++ development model aren't used to QCSRC, so they use C as the source file name. It depends.

Products like TurnOver, ACMS, and Silvon's (what was it called) are very helpful to manage all this - just having distinct libraries for different products, or applications, still doesn't help organize things as much as these tools do, IMO.

Regards

Vern