From:   Vern Hamberg [mailto:vhamberg@centerfieldtechnology.com]
Sent:   Tuesday, January 14, 2003 7:13 AM
To:     Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject:        RE: Opening PC docs thru AS/400

Sure, Vikas, you can do this. You need a remote execution "server" on the
PC. You have one with Client Access, called Incoming Remote Command. NT and
above have rexecd, as do most Unix-like systems. Then you execute RUNRMTCMD
on the 400, passing the command string, the IP address, connection type,
user ID, and password. You will have needed to set up Incoming Remote
Command, which you do in Client Access Properties. And the server must be
running on the PC.

HTH

Vern