<mailto:Glenn-Ericson@att.net>mailto:Glenn-Ericson@att.net
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 15:28:34 -0600
From: "Roger Stein" <roger.stein@ci.moorhead.mn.us>
To: <interlug@midrange.com>

                   COMMON and IBM Announce:  eBriefings

                              What are they?

eBriefings, a new offering available to our LUG members.  If your LUG
is
not able to bring in those top name speakers in person at your
meetings,
here is the next best thing!  An eBriefing is a video conference right
there in your facility.  Don't have on-site video conferencing, talk
your local college/university or your local IBM Office and these
facilities
can be made available to you.

                             How does it work?

eBriefings, will be held from within the IBM Toronto Lab or the
Rochester
Briefing Centre.  The speaker will present from either of these
locations.
At the end of the session, it will be open for questions. These
sessions
will be interactive!

                       What sessions are available?

That's simple - whatever topic is hot with your LUG, a session is most
likely available!  Perhaps your favorite session from COMMON or a
sample of
what you will see more about at the upcoming conference!  Topics can
be
anything from WebSphere Development Studio, Webfacing, Domino,
Performance
Tuning, RPG, Domino, eBusiness, Business Intelligence etc etc.  (I
think
the end of February might be a good time to ask What's New on the
iSeries
(hint hint)!)

                          How much does it cost?

A special one hour eBriefing just for your LUG will only cost around
$100
US per hour.  This is the approximately hourly cost of
videoconferencing.
It is hoped that your sessions will have 25 to 50 people.

                           How do I get started?

To arrange your eBriefing contact:

        Alison Butterill at butteril@ca.ibm.com for an iSeries
application
development topics like Websphere, Webfacting, RPG, or
Application
Development Strategy

                                    or

        the Rochester eServer Executive Briefing Center at
rebc@us.ibm.com
for other  iSeries topics including iSeries Update &
Directions,
Domino, Server Consolidation, Linux, High Availability, Systems
Managment,
eBusiness on Demand - How do I get         there?

Remember to tell them that your user group is a COMMON LUG member!

Bev Russell
COMMON LUG Liaison

at http://archive.midrange.com/interlug.

Roger Stein
City of Moorhead
Moorhead, MN 56560

Visit our web site at www.ci.moorhead.mn.us

>>> MKern4@UTNet.UToledo.Edu 01/13/03 02:15PM >>>
I lost the email on the video conferencing from IBM.  Any chance of
getting another copy?

Thanks!

せカせЙせカせЙせカせЙせカせЙせカせЙせカ
Mary Kern
Director of Information Services
University of Toledo Foundation
2801 W Bancroft St Mail Stop 319
Toledo, OH 43606
Voice: (419) 530-7730  (800) 640-0147
Fax: 419-530-2895
Email: mary.kern4@utoledo.edu
Peace may cost as much as war, but it is a better buy.
Author Unknown
せカせЙせカせЙせカせЙせカせЙせカせЙせカ