Having some fun this weekend.

We are LPARing our 840.  We contracted with a company to come in and help
us.

Plans were to start the save on Friday.  Finish it 5am Saturday.  Have IBM
do an hour or two's worth of work.  Then the consultant would spend around
13 hours setting it up.

Backup got a 4 hour delay on Friday.  Those of you who've heard my battle
with pase / TSM.  Well not even PWRDWNSYS would kill those jobs.  (At least
I got tired of waiting, 30 minutes.)  Pushed the magic white button on the
front to power it down.  Hung for 15 minutes on one particular code.  Just
as I was about to start searching for circuit breakers, it started going
through more codes and finally powered down.

After restarting, we started the backups.  A backup that normally takes 9
hours took 16.  So instead of starting at 5am on Saturday, the IBMer got
started at 4pm.  I wonder why.  Remember, we haven't started the LPAR yet.
We expected some growth since the last complete save, but not that much in
8 weeks.  Can't figure it out.  Would it be something weird, like, after
bring it down hard it touches each object on a save and 'fixes' it?  We
didn't do a RCLSTG because of a time crunch and that normally takes 7
hours.  Funny how a normal 9 hour save and a normal 7 hour RCLSTG ends up
being a 16 hour save.

We'll be cutting it close this weekend...

Benjamin Franklin