Rob - See below...

If you are using the native FTP in windows by opening a command
window, then FTP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to get the the AS/400, unless you qualify
the PC folder where you want the files placed, they will be placed in the
current folder shown in the command window.  If you want them placed
elsewhere by default, you need to change directory (on the PC) to get into
the correct folder _before_ starting FTP.

 Example:

 1) I Open a DOS command window by clicking the appropriate Windows Icon in
 Programs > Accessories (depends on the version of Windows running).  In my
 case, I get D:\Documents and Settings\sjl>.

 2) Now I type FTP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to start an FTP session to my AS/400
 system.  Once logged on the the AS/400, I have the FTP> prompt.

 3) at the FTP prompt, I type CD AUSLMPLIB to make AUSLMPLIB my current
 library

 4) Now I type QUOTE SITE NAMEFMT 0 to see objects in library mode ...
 (FILENAME.MEMBER)

 5) Now I type GET QRPGSRC.SRCMBR1 SRCMBR1.TXT...This will transfer member
 named SRCMBR1 from file QCLSRC in library AUSLMPLIB (the current library)
 a PC text file named SRCMBR1.TXT in the current folder on the PC
 (D:\Documents and Settings\SJL)...So the transferred member will be at
 D:\Documents and Settings\SJL\SRCMBR1.TXT.

 6) If I wanted the transferred source member in a folder other than the
 current folder for the DOS window, I can use the GET command as follows:
GET
 QRPGSRC.SRCMBR1 D:\DOWLOADS\SRCMBR1.TXT...this will force the downloaded
 file to go to the specified folder.

 7) Or, if i had typed the command "CD \downloads" in the DOS window
_before_
 running the FTP command (before step 1 above), I could transfer the file
 like this:  GET QRPGSRC.SRCMBR1 SRCMBR1.TXT and it would be copied by
 default to D:\DOWNLOADS\SRCMBR1.TXT.

 HTH
 Steve Landess
 Austin, Texas