From:   Vern Hamberg [mailto:vhamberg@centerfieldtechnology.com]
Sent:   Thursday, January 09, 2003 4:39 PM
To:     Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject:        RE: SQL for performance (overnight batch jobs)

Rick, that's a great improvement. I certainly don't want to sound like you
should not do the SQL. You have a large system, many processors, probably
SMP is installed, so there is great benefit. If it was IO bound, which it
sounds like, then this looks like a good solution. If you were stuck with
normal IO, you could get similar results with various helper jobs, bringing
in a different record range in each one.

Regards, and thanks for the further info.

Vern