Will give CPYTOIMPF its shot.
Thanks all and have a great weekend!

From: MWalter@hanoverwire.com
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: Can I automate a CSV formatted File On 400?
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 10:44:12 -0500

You could try the CPYTOIMPF. That allows you to specify a comma as a field
delimitter.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark Walter
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
Hanover Wire Cloth a div of CCX, Inc.
mwalter@hanoverwire.com
http://www.hanoverwire.com
717.637.3795 Ext.3040
/"\
\ /
/ \

                    "Rick Rayburn"
                    <the400man@hotmail.        To:
midrange-l@midrange.com
                    com>                       cc:
                    Sent by:                   Subject:     Can I automate
a CSV formatted File On 400?
                    midrange-l-admin@mi
                    drange.com

                    01/03/2003 10:31 AM
                    Please respond to
                    midrange-l

Hello there everybody -

Hope the New Year brings peace, health and prosperity for all in our
community. Question: I have a DDS - based file that I need to place in an
FTP outgoing library for a client to pull each day. They want the file in a
CSV format. I know the CPYTOPCD command offers a "TEXT - NOTEXT" option but
I don't think it leaves the file in a CSV format. Is there anyway, WITHOUT
the use of Client Access, to automate (through a CL or RPG program) the
conversion of a DDS - based data file to a CSV format?

Thanks.

Rick Rayburn