Antonio,

I can assume a few things but perhaps you could supply a bit more
information.  I am assuming that when you reference the printers as NET
you are talking about printers attached via your LAN (ETH or TRN).

Can you clarify the printers configuration by including a copy of the
DEVD?

These printers run out of forms and you don't receive any inquiry message
on the AS/400?

Check the parameter PRTERRMSG on the printer and make sure it is set to *INQ.

Here is an example of one of our lan attached printers (IBM 4320):

Device description . . . . . . . > TESTPRINT
Device class . . . . . . . . . . > *LAN
Device type  . . . . . . . . . . > *IPDS
Device model . . . . . . . . . . > 0
LAN attachment . . . . . . . . . > *IP
Advanced function printing . . . > *YES
Port number  . . . . . . . . . . > 5001
Online at IPL  . . . . . . . . . > *YES
Font:
  Identifier . . . . . . . . . . > 011
  Point size . . . . . . . . . . > *NONE
Form feed  . . . . . . . . . . . > *AUTOCUT
Separator drawer . . . . . . . . > *FILE
Separator program  . . . . . . .   *NONE
  Library  . . . . . . . . . . .
Printer error message  . . . . . > *INQ
Message queue  . . . . . . . . . > XXXMSGQ
  Library  . . . . . . . . . . . >   *LIBL
Activation timer . . . . . . . . > 170
Image configuration  . . . . . . > *NONE
Maximum pending requests . . . . > 6
Print while converting . . . . . > *YES
Form definition  . . . . . . . . > F1C10110
  Library  . . . . . . . . . . . >   *LIBL
Character identifier:
  Graphic character set  . . . . > *SYSVAL
  Code page  . . . . . . . . . .
Remote location:
  Name or address  . . . . . . . > 'xxx.xxx.xx.xxx'
User-defined options . . . . . .   *NONE
               + for more values
User-defined object:
  Object . . . . . . . . . . . . > NETWRKPRT4
    Library  . . . . . . . . . . >   AFP
  Object type  . . . . . . . . . > *PSFCFG
Data transform program . . . . .   *NONE

HTH

Michael Crump
Saint-Gobain Containers
1509 S. Macedonia Ave.