Thanks Vern!  Found it while I was waiting for a reply.

FWIW, the F14 option is interesting -- at first I thought it would simply
show the linked-to directory (same as doing option 5 from the normal WRKLNK
panel), but as it happens, on my system, the /home directory is in ASP 2, so
setting up /hom -> /home, then doing WRKLNK DETAIL(*EXTENDED) option 12 and
F14 on /hom shows:

                             Work with Hard Links

Object . . . . . . :   /home

Type options, press Enter.
  1=Add   2=Move   4=Remove   7=Rename   8=Display attributes

Opt     Object link
        /dev/QASP02/home.udfs

Note that this panel is titled "Work with Hard Links" as opposed to the text
for F14 which said "Work with link content".  I get the same panel when
using F14 on a link to a directory that's in ASP 1 (/d -> /dev), but it
shows:

                             Work with Hard Links

Object . . . . . . :   /dev

Type options, press Enter.
  1=Add   2=Move   4=Remove   7=Rename   8=Display attributes

Opt     Object link
        /dev

And actually, WRKLNK option 12 on a hard link shows the same "Work with Hard
Links" panel.  Learn something new every day.  Thanks again.

Peter Dow
Dow Software Services, Inc.
909 793-9050 voice
909 522-3214 cellular