Hello there everybody -

Happy holidays to all who make this such a valuable and wonderful place to
exchange ideas about the "best damn computing system" in the world today! A
question if you will:

The following code should not be unusual (i think) in an RPG400 program:

Dou Not % error
Key Reade (E) File
If %error
(error msg sending routine)
iter
endif
Enddo

In RPG3 days, the "If %error" would more than likely have been a check for
an error indicator. And if you were in a loop because of a lock, you could
debug your way out by changing the value of the indicator to allow the code
to fall through. How does one handle that in the above scenario? For that
matter, how do you view, within debug, a successful or unsuccessful chain,
or read, that is not governed by an indicator if your debug statement falls
on that testing line of code (e.g. If %found (file)...)??

Thanks again to all who give their time and efforts to those of us who need
the help.

Rick Rayburn
NYC