Great to hear, Peter!  I understand that you cannot allow "unexpected"
results to print on your report, but you should be able to trap those
out-of-range calculated values in the RPG program and decide what to do
with them there.

If you are interested in pursuing this further, what are the numeric
attributes of the three fields OBSTKVAL, OSTKVAL, and OQTYW1?  This
will help determine whether my idea will work.  Hint: The bigger, in
terms of significant digits, that OQTYW1 is, the better a chance that
this will work.

HTH, Dan