Rob -

Do we want them to 'fix' it? Wouldn't putting the view and the index
together violate SQL standards?

From: rob@dekko.com
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: SQL View
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 15:32:09 -0500

Michael,

You're right, and you are wrong.  A view is an SQL thing.  Yes a DDS
logical file can do this.  But SQL can be used to create logical files.
There are some things in views unavailable in DDS logical files.
There are some things in DDS logical files unavailable to views (or the
related Index).
Even though they are physically the same thing on disk.

Duh! Maybe what you meant was that this is unavailable via sql and only
via DDS, and I didn't read it that way.  In that case you are right -
currently - but we can get them to fix this.

Benjamin Franklin

"Michael R" <michaelr_41@hotmail.com>
Sent by: midrange-l-admin@midrange.com
12/13/2002 03:16 PM