From: Dan [mailto:dbcemid@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 2:24 PM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: "Prior Inventions" on employment contract

I almost agree with your add-on; I think it's still too overly broad.
"in any way" is a field-day phrase for lawyers.

It's interesting, though.  The company that needs to be protected is
the client that I'm assigned to.  The way this contract reads is that
my employer, and not the client, owns everything.  I'd have to believe
that the contract between the client and my employer would state that
the client retains ownership of all my work.  Or maybe my employer
takes ownership of my work and assigns all of that to the client?  A
legalese kind of thing since I'm not contractually obligated to the
client, but my employer is?

It sounds like my employer is going to be hardnosed about this.  I got
an email back stating that the contract must be signed in its current
form.  I guess I need to ask the question, "what will they do if I
refuse?"

- Dan