The IPL spl reclaim is a matter of removing *unused* space (just like deleted
records). It can be done also by RCLSPLSTG at any time (use zero, - at least
once - to see the effect).

The 'Cleanup' is a matter of deleting files, but in this case only system
output.

Like Martins program there are lot of free utilities deleting user spool files.
I have one too http://hkrebs.dk/dltoldsplf.html with other parameters

Saving spool files is easiest done by an "unofficial api" - maybe the names
were QSPGET / QSPPUT - I am not sure that I remember.

Regards

Henrik Krebs

Henrik Krebs
IT Consultant (IBM AS/400)
Phone +45 55 44 26 50
Mobile +45 40 88 83 23
Email: hkrebs@hkrebs.dk
Web: http://www.hkrebs.dk/
Snailmail: Kokhaven 8, DK-4736  Karrebaeksminde