From: midrange-l-admin@midrange.com
[mailto:midrange-l-admin@midrange.com] On Behalf Of Anthony Hardy
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2002 5:06 PM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: Typical PC Guy question - and request for RFB contacts

another note for the masses before i am flooded -

If you wish to send me contact info, please put "JDCC ISERIES BID" in
your subject and send to me directly at mis@jdcc.edu, so as not to flood
the list.

the new box i am reviewing has 2 8.58G drives . . . .thought mirrored is
likely NOT an option as I am currently using 8G or so (just over 70%) on
the current qty3 4G drives . .. .on the RAID 5 setup . .  i would hope I
am ..but there are only 3 drives . . .so . if it works like PC RAID.
then no ... .

I can remove s/36, s/38 environments and the migration and migration
assistants . .not sure how much that will free up . .i'm told quite a
bit . . . which might be enough for me to mirror the two drives . which
would be MUCH better than nothing at least.

I am looking forward to each and every response:).