From: Dan [mailto:dbcemid@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2002 9:35 AM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: "Transfer Data from AS/400" icon in Excel

Dale & Peter, thanks for your replies.

No.  The icon does NOT "stick".  Even the instructions that Excel gives
that *seems* be the task needed to accomplish what I'm trying to do
doesnt' work:
 1) Set toolbars as desired.
 2) Close Excel
 3) In the Windows folder, change the name of the username8.xlb file
(where "username" is the network login name) to someothername.xlb.
 4) Start Excel, and open the someothername.xlb, then close Excel.
 5) At this point, the instructions imply that Excel will, from that
point forward, open with the toolbars setup like what was done in step
1.  The instructions lie.

I've even tried using View, Toolbars, and deselecting the Client Access
toolbar.  That action gets rid of the toolbar for the current
invocation of Excel, but close Excel and start it up again, and the CA
toolbar is back.

BTW, FWIW, this annoyance has exhibited itself to me in several
different environments.  This particular environment is Win98SE,
Excel97 SR-2.

TIA, Dan