Hello Mark,

you can read it from the "model-number" of each disk under which
protection scheme it is running:

DD002 for example is a model "6607-072" which means a 6607 (= 4GB drive)
running in an 8 disk RAID set (that's the most sophisticated algorhythm
since you only loose about 10 % of disk space overall), that means, the
additional RAID info is spread over 8 disks and the rest of the disks
(up to the controller specific maximum of units) on that channel is
protected by this as well and does not need to store RAID infos at all.
The DD009 disk is running "alongside" this set (6607-070) without any
degradation in capacity at all, "model" -070 means it's protected, but
not part of the set.
"Model" -074 at last means that this is a set of four disks, taking
about 20 % of capacity for the additional info to protect the set.
This is obviously not that economic as the 8-disk algorhythm.

For performance reasons, I would recommend you move some of your disks
off the first controller (DD009 and DD015) add another 6607 disk (they
are really cheap if you take a used one) and add them to the second
2741 controller called DC02.
The most powerful controller you own is the 2748 called DC03, where
I would connect all the 8 GB disks, although you got two different
types of drives (6713 and 6717); I think they only differ in rotational
speed (7200 and 10k rpm). This is not ideal, but it allows you to form
an 8 disk array ot of the 8 gb disks + one additional 6713 (DD020).

Ok , before you start doing anything like above, you should have a closer
look at your limits (disk capacity), because removing and adding disks
takes large amounts of space.

Some investment in time and you'll improve your setup, ok, there's more
things to do, but this one is simple.

HTH, Philipp

--- SNIP a lot ---