I use the following CL and command to make it easier to use from the 400
side:
the WRTSRC is just a simple thing I got here:
http://www.folsomsoftware.com/downloads/wrtsrc.shtml

<------------Command----------------->
 CMD        PROMPT('Get PTF ftom iPTF site')
 PARM       KWD(SITE) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(24) PROMPT('IBM +
              iPTF Site')
 PARM       KWD(USER) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10) PROMPT('iPTF +
              User (use quotes)')
 PARM       KWD(PASSWORD) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10) +
              PROMPT('User Password')
 PARM       KWD(DIR) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10) PROMPT('iPTF +
              Directory')
<-----End Command------------------>

<----------CL Program----------->
PGM  parm(&site &user &pwd &dir)
DCL &USER *CHAR 10
DCL &PWD *CHAR 10
DCL &DIR *CHAR 10
DCL &site *CHAR 24
DCL &FTPDIR *CHAR 20 VALUE('cd /')
DCL &UP *CHAR 21

             CHGVAR     VAR(%SST(&FTPDIR 5 10)) VALUE(&DIR)
             CHGVAR     VAR(&UP) VALUE(&USER || ' ' || &PWD)
             DLTF       FILE(QTEMP/FTP)
              MONMSG CPF2105
             CRTSRCPF   FILE(QTEMP/FTP) MBR(CMD)
             ADDPFM     FILE(QTEMP/FTP) MBR(LOG)

             WRTSRC     SRCFILE(QTEMP/FTP) MBR(CMD) STMT(&UP  )
             WRTSRC     SRCFILE(QTEMP/FTP) MBR(CMD) STMT('na 1')
             WRTSRC     SRCFILE(QTEMP/FTP) MBR(CMD) STMT('lcd /iPTF')
             WRTSRC     SRCFILE(QTEMP/FTP) MBR(CMD) STMT('ascii')
             WRTSRC     SRCFILE(QTEMP/FTP) MBR(CMD) STMT(&FTPDIR)
             WRTSRC     SRCFILE(QTEMP/FTP) MBR(CMD) STMT('mget *.txt')
            WRTSRC     SRCFILE(QTEMP/FTP) MBR(CMD) STMT('binary')
            WRTSRC     SRCFILE(QTEMP/FTP) MBR(CMD) STMT('mget *.bin')
            WRTSRC     SRCFILE(QTEMP/FTP) MBR(CMD) STMT('quit')
            WRTSRC     SRCFILE(QTEMP/FTP) MBR(CMD) ACTION(*END)

            OVRDBF     FILE(INPUT) TOFILE(QTEMP/FTP) MBR(CMD)
            OVRDBF     FILE(OUTPUT) TOFILE(QTEMP/FTP) MBR(LOG)

            FTP        RMTSYS(&SITE)
            CPYF       FROMFILE(QTEMP/FTP) TOFILE(*PRINT) +
                         FROMMBR(*ALL)

  END:
       ENDPGM

 Bryan Dietz
3X Corporation
614-410-9205

5) I did NOT try downloading these files directly to my AS/400, mainly
because I haven't yet read about how to set up image catalogs in order to
use them from the IFS.  I figured that if I could download these binaries
to PC, I could burn them to CD's and load them from the burned CD's.