Jon

I hope this helps -

I run a AS/400 web site for a company that is setting itself up as a major
scholarly web site for fine art and applied art history, for genealogy, and for
social, political, commercial, and military history, etc., all in one
integrated system, without any stored HTML and without any stored URL's other
than for images or links to other sites.  HTML is generated on the fly at run
time.

It is not yet publicly available.  It already has 1.1 million records and
should have 1.5 million when it goes public in the spring.

The server is housed in a medieval fortified gatehouse, built in 1312.  You can
see a 1695 image of this unique building if you click on

http://www.erros.co.uk/BOARSTALLHOME/b&w_1695_420-0.jpg

The Gatehouse is the building at the front.  The walls are 4 ft thick so the
server might be described as physically secure!   !200 Parliamentarian soldiers
besieged the place for several weeks in 1645 during the British civil war,
failed to take the building, and lost a lot of their men.

The house behind was demolished in 1778.

Does anyone know of an AS/400/iSeries housed in an earlier building?

If you want more details, please email me directly

Best wishes

Rob Dixon