Jim,

There was a time when the only way to set up a PPP connection was using
Operations Navigator.  This is probably still the easiest method.

The page at the InfoCenter URL below should provide a good start.  It
also provides information on setting up the PC side.  The Ops Nav
interface is fairly pretty clear.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r1/ic2924/info/rzaiy/rzaiyconfig
ure.htm

Regards,
Andy Nolen-Parkhouse

> admin@midrange.com] On Behalf Of jim essinger
> Subject: PPP Dial in setup question
>
> Greetings, and HELP!
>
> I am new to setting up dial up PPP communications.  I have checked the
> archives, and not found anything I can use, or I don't recognize it as
> answering my question.
>
> What I am trying to do is set up a PPP Line/Controller/Device
> description
> in OS/400 to allow a PC to dial the iSeries, and get a 5250 screen.
>
> What I would like to find is a setup wizard that will configure the
> line/controller/device, and tell me how to set up the PC.  I am
> assuming
> that the PC (W2k) would be using a dial up similar to dialing to an
ISP