Syd

is

CPY /QSYS.LIB/yourlib.LIB/savefile.FILE   /QOPT/OPT01/savefile.savf

or something along those lines an option ?

You would have to reverse the process in the event of a restore but if you
can;'t get the SAVSAVFDTA command to work yo'd have to restore the savf in
any event....

Regards
Evan Harris

Syd

SAVSAVFDTA may have some tape-specific stuff in it, don't know. So may be
try SAVOBJ with SAVFDTA(*YES) - this'll save the SAVF as a SAVF, instead of
putting its contents on the DVD as if you save directly to the DVD.

Maybe?

Vern