Ray,

Here is how I resolved this problem...

The system file QADBXREF contains a list of all files on the system.  There is
a field in this file that indicates whether the file is "Data" file or a
"Source" file.  Therefore, I created a logical over this file that selects only
the source files.

A          R QDBXREF                   PFILE(QADBXREF)

A            DBXLIB        10A
A            DBXFIL        10A
A            DBXTYP         1A

A          K DBXLIB
A          K DBXFIL

A          S DBXTYP                    CMP(EQ 'S')

Next, I loop through this logical and do a DspFD and write the output to a
file...

DspFD   File(&DBXLib/&DBXFil)   +
        Type(*MbrList  )                +
        OutPut(*OutFile)                +
        FileAtr(*PF    )                +
        OutFile(RSMbrNmPF)              +
        OutMbr(*First *Add)

At this point I have a file with the names of all source members on my system.
Doing a search is very simple using a query tool.  I have written a HLL to
allow me to select based on Library and/or File and/or Member and/or Member
Type.  Once the records are selected I can do pretty much anything with the
source that is allowed via PDM.

Be sure to submit this job to batch.  If you have a lot of source files on your
system it can run for quite a while and will be CPU-intensive.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Todd Kidwell (Netstar)
AS/400 System Administrator
(313) 224-0578

>>> "Shahan, Ray" <rshahan@SchoolSpecialty.com> 11/07/02 04:29PM >>>
HI all,

another newbie question I couldn't answer from the archives:

On the hp3000 (brand X box as my instructor calls it), I can find any file
(member in iseries lingo), and where that file resides anywhere on the box
with the following command LISTF MYFILE.@.@,6.    This command in English
reads as: list the FILE name and GROUP and ACCOUNT names where MYFILE exists
(note: as on any box, MYFILE may exists in more than 1 place).

Translated to iseries, I want to find all/any  SRC-PF and  LIBRARY (geez, I
hope I explained that right) that the member MYFILE exists in (or even that
it exists at all).

As always, any help in greatly appreciated (and shared with my fellow
classmates), and TIA.   :-)

Ray Shahan

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans", John Lennon