Have a look at OPTION(*EVENTF) on the compiler commands.

*EVENTF
    Create an Event File for use by CoOperative Development
    Environment/400 (CODE/400).  The Event File is created as a member
    in file EVFEVENT in the library where the created module or program
    object is to be stored.  If the file EVFEVENT does not exist it is
    automatically created.  The Event File member name is the same as
    the name of the object being created.

    CODE/400 uses this file to provide error feedback integrated with
    the CODE/400 editor.  An Event File is normally created when you
    create a module or program from within CODE/400.

Eric DeLong
Sally Beauty Company
MIS-Project Manager (BSG)
940-898-7863 or ext. 1863