I am already using 80 and 443 in another server instance.
So that option is "not on the table" unfortunately.

-----Original Message-----
From: blkline@attglobal.net [mailto:blkline@attglobal.net]
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 3:50 PM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: Attn: IBM HTTP Webmasters

"Norbut, Jim" wrote:

> --
> I've got a lawson application that we have setup for port 8080 (http
> server)
>
> When I set it up for http traffic it works just fine.
>
> I got a certificate from verisign and installed it.
>
> Then I set that http instance to only use 8080 for ssl traffic only
> (https)
>
> It does not function anymore....just locks up and in the http error
logs
> I get a SSL handshake failure   RC -11.
>
> Which when I go into QSYSINC/H(SSL)   QSYSINC library H file SSL
member

> And do a search on -11 it says "bad message"
>
> As I am not a webmaster (or even close to it)
>
> I am assuming that any web application is both ssl/non-ssl compatible
>
> (it's just a matter of adding the certificate into the mix) right ?
>
> Now...to add some fun into the mix I have another web instance using
> this same application
>
> But just pointing to a different welcome page using the same
certificate

> And it works fine...so I really don't think it's the certificate.
>
> I assume a communications trace would be beneficial to start off with.
>
> What other sort of questions should I ask IBM when I call them?
>
> Jim Norbut
>
> Systems Administrator
>
> Grubb & Ellis Company
>
> (847) 753-7620

Hi Jim.

Normally, the http port is 80 and the ssl port is (IIRC) 443.  You
can't have multiple servers listening on the same port (8080).  I'd be
more inclined to go back to the standard ports and instead configure
the '400 for another IP address.  (Use cfgtcp, then option 1).  Then
configure the instance for your lawson app to use the secondary IP
address.  That way you don't have to do anything funky at the browsers
(like pointing to a different port).  For someone who's not a
webmaster this is probably your best bet.

I do that here -- the primary address is used for the IBM webserver
and the 2nd is for the "Powered by Apache" webserver.

Barry

--
Please avoid sending me Word, PowerPoint or Excel attachments.