Rob

The common element in all the entries from the journal
is the physical file in which the spooled fiel data is
held: Q04079N001 QSPL. Now, I don't knowid several
spooled files can be held in this one file, if they use
multiple members, or if there are offsets involved. But
htis is a common link, at least in the example you
provided.

HTH

Vern
> So, is there some magic that I am missing?
> Is there some tool in QUSRTOOL or whatever that will tell me the
> following:
>
>          Spool     Spool   Spool
>    Entry User      Job      Job    Spool   Spool  User      Job       Job
>    Type  Profile   Name    Number  File   Number  Profile   Name Number
> SF  C    ROB       ROBS1   196045  QSYSPRT  0001  ROB       ROBS1 196045
> SF  U    ROB       ROBS1   196045  QSYSPRT  0001  ROB       ROBS1 196045
> SF  A    ROB       ROBS1   196045  QSYSPRT  0001  QSPL      QSPLJOB 177169
>
> SF  D    ROB       ROBS1   196045  QSYSPRT  0001  QSPL      QSPLJOB 177169
>

> Rob Berendt
> --

-snip-

> From the QPQUPRFIL related to the 'SF' type entries:
>   ENTRY USER       FILE       FILE       SPOOL      SHORT  OUTPUT OUTPUT
> JOB        JOB        JOB   ...
>   TYPE  PROFILE    NAME       LIBRARY    FILE       SPOOL  QUEUE LIBRARY
> NAME       USER       NUMBER...
> SF  C   ROB        Q04079N001 QSPL       QSYSPRT     0001  P2 QUSRSYS
> ROBS1      ROB        196045
> SF  U   ROB        Q04079N001 QSPL       QSYSPRT     0001  P2 QUSRSYS
> ROBS1      ROB        196045
> SF  A   QSPLJOB    Q04079N001 QSPL       QSYSPRT     0001  P1 QUSRSYS P1
>    QSPLJOB    177169
> SF  D   QSPLJOB    Q04079N001 QSPL       QSYSPRT     0001  P1 QUSRSYS P1
>    QSPLJOB    177169
> By the above you can see I 'C'reated a spool file.  'U'pdated it to a
> different output queue.  It was 'A'ccessed by the spool writer program.
> And since SAVE(*NO) was on the spool writer program 'D'eleted it. Granted,
> this data was on our development machine.  And the only way I could tie
> the first two entries with the second two was by time.  On our production
> machine this will be a lot tougher.  File name and file library are
> worthless columns.
>
> I worked some more on trying to tie these together.  I also tried the
> command

-snip-

> Any suggestions?  The following URL mentions a tool that I do not have,
> but I am loathe to get it without seeing the output.

-snip-