Hi, Leif:

I've been reading this topic with interest.... almost every word, in fact,
'cuz it's a slowish day.

I had to smile when I read this:
> Unix is pretty secure. Linux too. The buffer overflow
> problems are not platform problems, but sloppy
> programming.

Now, don't get angry, just smile with me, huh?  But it seems funny that
"pretty secure" is OK for you to use in this context, but not acceptable
when discussing the iSeries and SLS.  Isn't that interesting?  :)

Actually, I'm inclined to agree with most of what is being said on the
topic (including the security of *nix)... I don't think anyone's blatantly
off the mark... and it comes down to cost.  (This from the Department of
Redundancy Department.)

Dennis

"Leif Svalgaard" <leif@leif.org>@midrange.com on 10/29/2002 11:24:40 AM

Please respond to midrange-l@midrange.com