Booth Martin wrote:
More importantly though, you have pointed out some really  major weaknesses.
  Single Level Store has worked to stop lots of other kinds of attacks, so
maybe it should be kept, but a way found to resolve the weaknesses you've
isolated.
Booth: The SLS model is not inherantly more secure. It's just that
for SLS to work properly, it absolutely needs a bullet-proof
authority system built in from the ground up. In more conventional
system architectures, processes can't interfere with each other
since each has its own address space. In SLS, there's a lot of
overhead needed to ensure that processes can't interfere with each
other.

But when talking about security, the more common issue is access to
higher level objects, such as files and devices. This has more to do
with the robustness of the operating system and the skills of the
system operator than with the underlying memory model of the system.
For securing access to objects in the file system, whether or not
you have single level store is largely irrelevant.

Cheers!  Hans