Particularly for the purposes of inter-computer communications, you want to
have QUTCOFFSET set correctly, however most customers never change it.  If
it becomes "read only", another interface into the system presumably would
change it.

There has been a standing request for the system to do "automatic daylight
savings time" like Windoze does, so I might presume that this would all be
wrapped together.

If IBM takes on the project of system time modernization on the 400, this
would yet be another sign that the 400 is here to stay.  Unfortunately,
because the IBM's marketing strategy for the system has been code named
"the cone of silence", this will also go as unnoticed to the remainder of
the industry as was CISC to RISC, the IFS and other significant
modernization improvements.

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com

                      "Eduard van den
                      Braken"                   To:
<midrange-l@midrange.com>
                      <e.vd.braken@hccne        cc:
                      t.nl>                     Subject:  RE: Beginner's
Question
                      Sent by:
                      midrange-l-admin@m
                      idrange.com

                      10/29/2002 09:20
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      midrange-l

Al

Will it be connected to anouther value then?
If we don't change the CUTCOFFSET now the mail send from the AS/400 is
stamped with the wrong time.
I also recall a time difference using Integrated PC's?

Groetjes (Greetings)
Name: Eduard van den Braken
E-mail: e.vd.braken@hccnet.nl
Town: Leusden -- the Netherlands