    Probably the same thing driving ours.  We bought our first SQL Server
the other day.  The reason?  The current VP of IS told the President 10
years ago not to buy the AS400 because it was a dying system and is
determined to prove himself right if it takes him 2 decades to do it.  So
ever since the initial setup the only solutions presented by the IS Dept
have involved PC based solutions.  Oddly enough we are still running AS/400.
The move to new technologies has pushed it out the door though.  You can
only run a 10 year old piece of software so long.  So, I've had to migrate
my knowledge with our software in order to stay gainfully employed.

Eric Graeb
AS/400 Administrator
King Optical Group Inc.

> So what platform/application(s) are you moving to?  And, of course, why?
What is driving the decision?