My big question on this is, how does this prevent anything? As admin on the
server, you can still reset the password. Yes, it prevents others from
getting to "the new guys" info, but other than that?

-----Original Message-----
From: Narayanan R Pillai [mailto:strqst400@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 3:23 PM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: Need to generate passwords

I think the requirement was to generate an initial password and then give
the password to the new user. I am sure that the profile is PWDEXP(*YES)
along with this. This allows the user to reset it to a "non-sticky-note"
password.

Have I gotten this right ? Oh yeah and dhart has it right, do not use Q
before the password, the code that I posted was used to generate file-names
like the QRPLOBJ filenames. It was NOT used to generate passwords.

Regards
Narayanan R Pillai
Senior Technical Architect
American Medical & Life Insurance