Matt:

The first step is to read the second-level text of the message (position the
cursor somewhere on the error message text and press <F1>). Note that it
references the CHGDDMTCPA command values.

One possibility could be to do the following:

1. Open two sessions to the system.
2. Prompt the CHGDDMTCPA command in session 1.
3. Remove/recreate the RDBE *LOCAL entry in session 2.
4. Press <Enter> in session 1.

As it is, CHGDDMTCPA stores a trivial amount of info, so that's more than what
you'll probably need; you could just remember the values and type them in
later. But be aware that every remote system that is using SQL to CONNECT to
the current *LOCAL database name _might_ need to be changed. I haven't dug into
the possibility of somehow creating an "alias" or secondary name.

What I was saying was that (AFAIK) both ends, source and target, should have
appropriate RDBEs that can be matched up. Each system should have its own
*LOCAL entry. And systems that want to reach remote databases should also have
RDBEs that point to the remote databases.

Tom Liotta

--
Tom Liotta
The PowerTech Group, Inc.