Vern:

Don't pull too much hair out yet. Matt's situation doesn't seem fully stated
yet. In this last statement that you replied to, he said "The system that is my
target is also the system we use DDM files from. The DDM files are using *SNA,
however."

Okay, target and source are maybe the same. And we're maybe currently speaking
about "DDM file" and "*SNA". So, we don't care much about RDBEs except maybe
for rmtlocname(*LOCAL). And if the access is against an actual DDMF rather than
a 'remote database', we probably aren't talking SQL.

However, if we do mean SQL and *IP and remote, then an RDBE must be entered on
the source system to determine the route to the remote database (i.e., the IP
address or host.domain name) _as well as_ on the target system for *LOCAL.
Then, it must be determined whether DDM security matches between the two
systems (i.e., what does a prompted CHGDDMTCPA show on both systems?) And if
passwords are required, has a proper server authentication entry been  added on
the source system (i.e., does it specify the correct server name in the correct
format and reference a valid profile and password on the target system?) Then,
maybe check items such as exit programs to see if any are active and what might
be allowed/rejected. Then...

IOW, we probably need to know exactly what's been set up and what error
messages are generated from what operations.

There's probably an answer in there somewhere.

Maybe Matt can comment...

Tom Liotta

--
Tom Liotta